Guidelines and Instructions:
To be considered for a Mano a Mano Scholarship an applicant must:
1. Be a high school senior attending a high school in the Corpus Christi area. Have graduated or hold a GED
Certificate, graduate from a high school in Corpus Christi, or currently be enrolled (or accepted) as a full
time student in an accredited educational institution in Corpus Christi or Kingsville, Texas.
2. Maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA while completing at least 12 credit hours each semester while in college.
3. Demonstrate a willingness to seek employment in the Corpus Christi area following graduation.
4. Submit the following in one envelope:
Completed application form.
- For high school seniors: A copy of your high school transcript through fall semester of your senior year.
- For college students: Documentation of current enrollment in an accredited college in Corpus
- Christi/Kingsville and a copy of your college transcript through the Fall Semester.
- Letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope from current school administrator, counselor or work
5. Certify that the applicant is not an employee or family member of an employee the Corpus Chrisiti Hispanic
Chamber of Commerce or the Mano a Mano Scholarship Committee.
Send the envelope, postmarked on or before April 10, 2009, to: Mano-a-Mano Scholarship Program, Corpus Christi Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 5523, Corpus Christi, TX 78465.
Additional applications may be obtained from the Corpus Christi Hispanic Chamber of Commerce website at www.mano-a-mano.org, or by calling 361-887-7408.